COCOCOZY SPRING 2011 – MY FIRST HOME FURNISHINGS COLLECTION!

COCOCOZY Logo cotton knit reversible throw in navy on a white chair next to some beautiful Belgian tulips! (above)

So I said I would have a big announcement for the new year and here it is!

My first big risk this year is launching my first ever home furnishings collection – COCOCOZY Spring 2011!

This is only a small sneak peek of the collection. I’ll reveal more of it over the coming month.

I’ve spent the last year and half…all of my life savings…and all of my free time…to bring you a collection of the finest linen pillows, luxurious cotton throws, elegant linen drapery, bedding and more!

The line includes 10 different original patterns that I designed myself and I added in one classic cane print.

The big launch for the COCOCOZY collection will be at the New York International Gift Fair at the end of January where thousands of buyers come shop for their stores. I made the decision a few months ago to become an exhibitor.

For those of you in the design business, this may not be a big deal. For me, a non-professional, non-design industry person, this has been a herculean task.

I’ve been trying to maintain my normal life (with a wonderful regular business job) and in every free waking moment working on creating and launching this line. I did this by myself…but I was lucky because I’ve had a huge cheerleading squad behind me along the way…with constant advice, counsel and help from of my darling mother and sister and with my dear friends providing a second set of eyes to bounce things off of from time to time (I’m sure they are all sick of me sending photos of every single design step I’ve taken over the last year…)…I had lots of love and support and encouragement along the way (uh oh…here I go…another one of the personal Academy Award speeches…I’ll stop).

So to be honest, this month, I will be a nervous wreck. The biggest step outside of my comfort zone I’ve certainly ever taken. We’ll see what happens. I’m ready for more highs and lows (as I’ve been experiencing a comedy of sorts in trying to manufacture this collection)…bring it on (I think…wait…don’t bring it on yet….wait…oh boy…yikes…still scared….to be totally honest, terrified…oh boy…here we go….)!

During this month of January, I’ll be sharing my story about how this all came about and show you some of the design and manufacturing process along the way. Just in case…just in case…just in case…this might inspire you to break out of your comfort zone in 2011 too!

Five COCOCOZY Quatrefoil pillows
COCOCOZY Quatrefoil – My original take on a traditional quatrefoil pattern! (above)

Mix of COCOCOZY pillows and throws all in green
One of my favorite colors is green…so I put a wonderful hunter green and a soft sage green into the COCOCOZY collection mix in both pillows and throws (above)
COCOCOZY boudoir pillows
COCOCOZY bedding consists of delightfully decadent linen Euro shams and boudoir pillows. (above)

Hope you enjoy this sneak peek of the first ever COCOCOZY home furnishings collection! (As usual, I welcome all comments and opinions…in other words say what you really think…I can take it…I hope…LOL)

Now, like always, I have to run off to work…am a tad late…and I am contemplating whether or not to wear sparkles…typical…some things never change!

Happy Monday! Happy January 2011!

P.S. As I share more of the line with you over the month, you might get a laugh when you see that I wasn’t very creative with naming each style…they are pretty much named literally. Used all my creative juices on design I guess!

Comments

I discovered your blog on Apartment Therapy and have since joined you on Facebook. I have been WOW’d from the git-go and I think it’s inspiring what you’re doing!!!! Good luck to you, lady!!
    P.S. The collection, so far, is bad a**!!! 😉

Oh CONGRATULATIONS!! What an exciting way to start the new year. The preview items look fabulous, and so will you at the exhibition. Congrats on taking such a leap outside of your exquisitely decorated comfort zone. I have no doubt that you will be a grand success!

3. Arlene in Idaho says

I just bought pillows for my new white sectional. Wish you would have posted this last month. I think I went too heavy using gold and peacock colored pillows. I love the crispness of your design and colors better.

Congrats to you!! You are living my fantasy – lol! Can’t wait for your future posts, and thanks for being willing to share your process!

This is so great! So happy for you,you have a wonderful eye and fab spirit.I will be skipping the show in Jan. But will look forward to seeing the line in August!!!
    Enjoy every minute of the ride!
    All the best,
    Deborah Rhein

6. SweetvHome says

Ooh la la! So far I love it all!!! Will you be selling just to the trade or can us regular mortals buy your goodies??? Congrats on

Looks like I will learn through you in 2011! Looking towards the future is always so hard to do, but I am finding inspiration in the fact that dreams are achievable!

Best of luck!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How very exciting. I wish you much success in your new endeavor. The patterns look great. Looking forward to seeing the entire collection.

Stylishly yours,
    Kalyn

Congratulations!! Love your new collection, colors and patterns are super chic. Can’t wait to see the rest, as far as the sneak peak goes, I’m sure you’ll be a great success at the gift show!! I should carry on my upcoming site…

How exciting – congratulations!! Collection looks beautiful. And your photography is lovely as well – clean, bright, sharp and letting the products speak for themselves – great job!

I cannot wait to buy your things! Here is to a new year and to a leap. May you have success you would have never imagined!!!

Congrats! It does take a lot of effort. That’s why most of us gawk, than make. But every now and then I’m off creating something I saw here! You deserve such high after the constant dedication to your followers and employers 😉

N.Aldana

So excited for you! The collection so far looks awesome and the logo is fantastic! Hey, a navy & white rug with your logo would be awesome!

BTW: I found your website while I was on someone else’s blog (sorry, cant remember which blog).

WOW!!! How totally exciting and you must be so very proud of yourself- I sure as heck would be- I am always such a chicken when it comes to risk and venturing out so I greatly admire people who take the leap and try something they love- well done you! The designs looks absolutely gorgeous and I can’t wait to see more!!! xo

15. ThomasMilw says

CoCo, I have been following your blog for a while now, congrats on your first launch! The patterns so far look very refreshing and new, absolutly loving them! I can’t wait to see more of your creations.

Dear Coco…and this is just the beginning!!! Well Done. We will continue to follow your progress with enthusiasm.
    I’m sure yr collection will eventually make it to our neck of the woods. Please let us know when you are taking international enquiry’s for stockists.
    …continued success in 2011 – Stuart

Oh my gosh I LOOOOOVVVEEE the sneak peak! Those patterns, those FABULOUS patterns! You rock girl and great for you for stepping on out there! You absolutely should with that great stuff swirling around in your brain! Can’t wait to keep up with you and the process! Cheers! Cyndy

You are an inspiration to many! I am a new and upcoming designer and it is my dream to have my own line of home furnishings as well. Congrats to you and I wish you many years of success!

19. Kate says

Love Love Love the throw!!!!
    Congrats on your adventure. I am certain you will succeed… how can you not with those beautiful prints and colors?!!
    Can’t wait to see more:)

Coco!
    I’ve been following your blog for several months now and always love to come here for a quick bit of inspiration. Best of luck on the launch and please do let us have a glimpse into the process and thought. I, too, am thinking of walking the limb of creativity and risk all in faith and so am encouraged by what you’re doing!

Hi all!

Thank you so much! As mentioned, I am a nervous wreck…so all of these encouraging and kind comments really helped the situation by calming be down a bit…hee hee! In all seriousness, though, thank you!!

As far as buying, the collection will be available online here on COCOCOZY in just a bit and hopefully some stores around the country will carry the line too (will keep you posted on that after the NYIGF…fingers crossed).

Anyhoooo…many sincere thanks for being oh so wonderful dear readers…!

So THAT is what your ‘brave’ resolution is about! A huge step – but as you wrote, it has taken longer than a year to get to this stage, so I am sure you will blitz it at the trade show. As someone who also spent a truck-load of time and money starting their own designs/products, I completely know how you feel – and I also know the utter excitement of seeing the final product.

Oh, and the final product – absolutely perfect. L.O.V.E. the patterns, colours, photography – everything. Congrats!!!

wow! Amazing and congratulations! As a fellow blogger who has also stepped out of her comfort zone by opening her online store this year…I know the feeling AND I am looking forward to MEETING you and seeing more of your lovely line at the gift show in NYC…great news!

Why am I NOT worried for you? These are so beautiful the buyers would be silly not to make some big orders. Your take on quatrefoil pattern is my favorite so far…good wishes to you. hugs

Congratulations. It’s huge! Once you decide to sell upholstery fabric, let me know. I’ll be the first customer to carry it in my upholstery studio. I know you’re excited.

I have followed your blog almost daily for a few months. Love it and love the new line. I am very impressed and would LITERALLY order the hunter green ones right now. please let me know when/how to purchase. Congrats – so inspired to see someone talented take a risk for what they love.

Congratulations. what beautiful stuff you are creating. I can’t wait to purchase. I think you are so creative and I believe you will do well on this business.I am grad I found your blog through facebook :)
    Best luck to you !!

Absolutely love it! You are living my dream!!! :-)
    So so happy for you. Good for you, girl! Wishing you much much much success and I can’t wait to get my hands on one of those pillows!

-Christian
    ChicDelight.blogspot.com

Coco, I haven’t once been disapointed with your taste in design & style…. this is sure to be a success. Hopefully we’ll all be able to afford some of your magnificent products. Good for you!