COLOR WATCH: EXACTLY 1/2 WAY BETWEEN RED AND YELLOW!

Orange chest of drawers under and orange sunburst mirror
Photo: Jean Randazzo

Orange…orange orange…the kind of orange that looks like an orange…not peach, saffron, rust, tangerine, burnt orange…just orange…bright, cheerful, exciting even!

I love a true bright orange. Just adds a bit of electricity to a space or to an outfit!

On the color spectrum, true orange is found exactly half way between yellow and red. Did you know until about the 1500s, in the English speaking world orange was called ġeolurēad (yellow-red)?  Then someone in Henry the VIII’s court had the bright idea to name the color after the bright citrus fruit.  Smart thinking.

Here’s a bit of orange for you for your home, house, cottage, wardrobe and more.

Orange floor length Costello Tagliapietra dress from their Fall 2011 runway show
Costello Tagliapietra, Fall 2011 (photo: Style.com) (above and below)
Model wearing orange skinny jeans from Costello Tagliapietra's Fall 2011 runway show

Pantone Orange Notebook
The Conran Shop – Pantone Orange Notebook – $11 (above)

Orange Wegner Wishbone Chair
Room & Board – Wegner Wishbone Chair – $855 (above)

Three orange Rectangular Biscuit Tins stacked on top of each other
West Elm – Rectangular Biscuit Tins – $9-$16 (above)

I’m loving the orange tins. I could use those…functional and cute.

Are you coveting anything orange orange lately? Do you even like orange?

Happy Thursday!

Related Posts

STAND OUT FREESTANDING BATHTUBS

2015-01-19 15:00:00

7 COOL MODERN BRASS CHANDELIERS

2015-01-06 13:00:00

MODERN MIRRORED HOME!

2015-01-05 13:00:00

BUBBLE CHANDELIER INSPIRATION

2014-12-03 15:43:00

Comments

love orange? how could anyone not? (though michael smith said it was the decorator's most hated color. i respectfully disagree, and would substitute beige).

@maison21 – don't know why Michael Smith said the decorator hates orange – it's my absolutely favourite colour to use. it's vibrant, positive and humorous. hurrah for orange!

Orange is just so bright and happy. I love it. <br /><br />Happy Thursday!<br /><br /><br />www.perpetualperfection.blogspot.com

I love orange…especially if its like the Hermes orange like the west elm biscuit tins! I love that dresser too.<br /><br />xxLily<br />goldandgray.com

Orange is the color for SEX! Did you know that! WHen chakras are represented in colors, orange is the one for that zone! <br />I love orange, is very energetic and full of life! I just wanted to share the info because when I was told… I was intimidated to use it!!! LOL!!

Coco, adore orange, and those biscuit tins.. a delight, don&#39;t forget…<br /><br />I have a Giveaway from The Zhush I know you will love! Come &amp; join!<br /><br />xoxo<br />Karena<br />Art by Karena

Orange color is looking adore and charming!!! Work with orange is really cool and awesome idea to get change in interior decoration.

Love orange!! want that wishbone chair…just gorgeous..also in the first image love the contrast with the soft aqua background..the color of my post today..do check it out when you have a moment! xx meenal

9. Natahobbi 13 says

On my first field trip, in 3rd grade, I wore orange jeans with matching jacket, orange and white top and orange tennis shoes. I&#39;ve been lovin&#39; orange long time.<br />Enjoyed the blog. I will be back

I love to accent my designs with some orange &quot;zip&quot;! It&#39;s amazing how many different colors it will blend with, as well! Aqua, chocolate, black, yellow… and even in small doses with purple, red, and a variety of other colors! It really is quite versatile!