PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN GLASS HOUSES ROCK!

Living room in a converted mill with the walls replaced with glass windows and doors, white sofas and arm chairs and a wood coffee table
Walls are replaced with floor to ceiling glass windows and doors in an old converted mill. (above)

My one requirement for any living space beyond nice decor is absolutely and positively a space must have lots of light…lots of natural light. Sunlight makes me happy…sounds cliche…but it does.

I like these three living rooms…with floor to ceiling paned windows, sliding glass doors and invisible glass walls.  I like because they let in the light.  Also minimizes the need for wallpaper, paint and art as the outdoors acts as a fabulous tableau.

Living room with wrap around floor to ceiling sliding glass doors, dueling sofas and wood coffee table on a shag rug
Perfect…a white living room gets an extra boost of light from wrap around floor to ceiling sliding doors. (above)

Living room with glass walls, wood floor and dueling sofas in Spain
Invisible glass walls provide an unobstructed view to the garden in this home in Spain. (above)

Do you like a bright room…or do you like a more moody space?  Do you think you could live in a glass house (sans the rocks of course)?  Which of these spaces do you prefer…?  I think I like the first two the best.  Do tell.

Happy Friday!

P.S.  Went to Soho House again for a fab dinner the other night with AB and JD.  Had the quinoa salad  – sounds so L.A. to be eating quinoa at the Soho House…well I guess I am so L.A.!

P.P.S.  Next week on Thursday night, I am off to Atlanta to show the COCOCOZY collection and many of  the new offerings at the Atlanta International Gift and Home Furnishing Mart where my collection is housed at the Christian Mosso Associates showroom.  If you are going to be in Atlanta for market, please stop by and say hello! I’d love to say hi.

Photos: El Mueble

Related Posts

PARIS GLASS DOORS

2014-06-30 14:30:00

MY KIND OF GLASS FRONT DOORS

2014-05-29 15:58:00

ROCKING WORDS OF THE DAY!

2013-04-29 20:26:00

GLASS CEILING & GLASS WALLS!

2012-10-09 15:01:00

Comments

I LOVE the invisible wall effect,a lot of this design in the islands also.I vote house #1 and #3.Thanks for a great view!!

These really are gorgeous rooms, makes me wonder why more houses aren’t designed this way. If you have a private, green backyard or a nice view, why not take advantage of it? Too difficult to keep the glass clean?

Coco,

Happy 2012!! And thanks for your post today. Owning a home with floor to ceiling glass doors, windows, or walls with a beautiful outdoor view of nature is my dream!!! How did you know? (smile) I especially love the first and last photos. Although, I love my jewelbox of a NYC condo, I so appreciate the sunny inspiration!

People who live in houses like this are very lucky!! LOVE the first room, just stunning! I don’t think there is any manner of lighting that can replace natural light, beautiful!

So incredible. My mom is in the process of building a greenhouse with a studio attached, including an ‘outdoor shower’ in the greenhouse. Cannot WAIT!

I love the first one. The exposed beams provide the warmth, but I would so enjoy having an outside room like the 3rd one. It would not even have to be that huge, haha. I hope to see you when you come to Atlanta next week.

You know, these homes look gorgeous when they’re photographed during the day, flooded with sunlight, but what about at night? The mood would be totally different when the windows become cold black holes and anyone could be looking in, but you can’t see anything outside. As long as there are shades or draperies to close at night, I’d love to live in any of these gorgeous homes.

I love lots of glass too. So nice to meet you just found your beautiful blog and so happy I did. I have enjoyed looking around and I’m now following you, wonderful to meet new friends. Hope you find a spare minute to visit and follow me sometime if you like. Sending you special wishes for a wonderful New Year I’m looking forward to keeping in touch in 2012.
    Always Wendy

These are incredible – I do like a bright room! I always feel so optimistic when it’s sunny :D It makes me feel more imaginative and creative and free.

Vanessa ♡