Our latest COCOCOZY Video is here! See how I style my coffee table 27 different ways. Please click on image to watch and get ideas for yours.
A new year means a new look for my living room coffee table! Right? Isn’t that what everyone does? Happy New Year, woohoo, let’s resolve to do a million things, let’s vow to lose a gazillion pounds, and finally, let’s do a coffee table makeover.
Anyhoo, yesterday, at my tiny little cottage in the Hollywood Hills, I asked VS, my fab COCOCOZY director of social media and marketing to come over to record me making over my living room coffee table. My coffee table dress up – coffee table makeover – how to style a coffee table all wrapped in one video. VS, a very talented producer and editor, managed to amusingly edit together the story of me making over my coffee table.
By using just a few items I already had at home, I styled my living room table 27 different ways. Here’s what I had to work with.
1. Large oversized books
2. Flowers (Yellow rose flower arrangement and white floral arrangement all from The Empty Vase)
3. 2 oversize candle sticks
4. Flea market metal dishes
5. Tiny metal decorative horse my mother got for me in Paris
6. Bone inlay tray
7. Mercury glass votive candle holder
COFFEE TABLE STYLE TIPS
– Add objects that are different heights to create a tableau that is more visually interesting.
– Make sure the tabletop looks good and functions from either side. For example, when arranging books, arrange some so that front is facing the sofa and some so they are facing the chairs. That way, someone on either side of the table has something interesting to look at.
– Add in items that tell a personal story about you.
– Eliminate unnecessary clutter
– Add sparkle…add an item that has a little gleam or shine to it so it catches the eye
– Flowers or plants – When guests come over, make sure to add some flowers or a plant to the tablescape …makes a table feel fresh. For day to day, I always like an orchid plant…they last for so long and they add that floral element to the table.
A small micro makeover that is quite easy.
Give it a try. Tag #socococozy on Instagram…sending me a picture of your coffee table makeover! I would love to see! Follow me on Snapchat @cococozyblog to see more of my house and this micro makeover. Also follow me @cococozy on Instagram for more!
Thank you to VS for shooting and editing our latest video installment!