Found this lovely traditional kitchen in a New York Times article about a townhouse on Charlton Street in Greenwich Village in New York City. Love the fact this kitchen is light and bright despite the fact it is on the ground floor of a city multilevel home. I imagine it is quite nice to be able to fling open the kitchen doors in the middle of the city and see a lovely garden. A garden kitchen delight I think.
A place to cook, dine, entertain and enjoy a garden view.
Here are 5 things you need to make a chic garden kitchen of your own.
1. CARRARA MARBLE COUNTERS – Nothing like white marble counters with a hint of gray in them for character. This classic marble stone is a must have.
2. SIMPLE ISLAND PENDANT LIGHTS – This kitchen features simple glass pendant lights from Urban Electric Company.
3. COUNTER OR BAR STOOLS THAT MAKE A STATEMENT – Love these counter stools with their mid-century modern vibe…the surprise is that they are in green! Click here to buy!
4. STEEL WINDOWS AND DOORS – Am obsessed with steel windows and doors. TE knows it. He’s had an earful. These black framed casement windows and French doors add style and let in the light from the garden.
5. STYLISH CLASSIC KITCHEN RANGE – Your stove should be functional yes…but it can also make a huge design statement. I think a beautiful stove is worth the splurge in any kitchen. Love the white La Canche range used in this wonderful garden room
THE END RESULT!
What are your 5 essentials for making a kitchen super stylish? Please share!
P.S. TE and I are going to Malibu again tomorrow…meeting with some people on our little project. So much fun.
P.P.S. Please go to COCOCOZY Pinterest to check out a few more of my kitchen essentials