Restless for an outdoor dinner party these days…something about long summer nights that I’m craving. A glass or rosé or bubbly at a beautifully designed table surrounded by a village of friends whom I love and cherish, maybe more than even they know. To do life with people who know your heart through the highs and lows of life is a special thing I’m realizing. So in honor of my next dinner party, I’m sharing 5 tips for Dining Al Fresco…
- Venue. Venue. Venue. If you are going to host an ‘outdoor’ dinner party, make sure the outdoors look presentable : ) It doesn’t have to be fancy or grandiose, although that would be nice wouldn’t it..it can be at a local park, or on a hill overlooking the city, along the beach, or even in your own tree-lined backyard. Look around you and use the outdoor space right accessible to you.
- Be interactive. Set up a champagne station or a charcuterie spread, lawn games and good music. Let it be an environment your family and friends Want to be a part of.
- Choose a color palette. This doesn’t mean things have to be matchy-matchy. Those days are Long. Gone. Mix tablecloth patterns and napkin patterns, bring in etched glassware and hobnail serving platters, but make sure it all comes back to that color palette you started with…cohesive is the key!
- The importance of place cards. At larger dinner parties especially, avoid the awkwardness for your guests and have place cards pre-set.
- There are never enough flowers. If you follow me at all on Snapchat @cococozyblog or on Instagram @cococozy you know my love for flowers…L O V E. So naturally, any outdoor dinner party needs flowers. Lots and Lots of flowers.