Confession…I am having serious withdrawals right now from my vacation already. Can someone please take me back to island time and beach days every day?? For now, I’m hanging on to photos and memories and counting down the days until our next reunion. Today I’m sharing our Top 7 beach cover ups, some of which served me well on this trip! In the world of women’s swimwear, a good cover up for the beach is just as important as good fitting bikini or one-piece bathing suit for sure. So here are some ideas as spring has sprung and summer is soon to come!
1. White Maxi. This Micoh White Maxi Dress was the perfect beach cover up over my green bikini and great for lounging as well. It’s a quick throw on and go look that is still chic and fabulous!
2. Colorful Pattern – March was all about embracing colors and patterns on the blog (remember our recent pastel obsession?!) and cover ups are no different! The one I am wearing below is a sheer floral blue and white tunic with sparkle detail by Calypso. There are so many colorful options available. Check out Bloomies and Revolve for some fantastic, colorful cover ups this season. Finish the look with a fabulous pair of lace up flat sandals and cute wide brimmed hat.
3. Classic Black Tunic – Just like a LBD is a must in any wardrobe, every woman needs a great black cover up in her collection. This black crochet tunic was perfect to slip on over a swimsuit and head to and from the beach. Here a crochet cover up like it. You could also try a pair of lace black cover up pants too!
4. Off the Shoulder – COCOCOZY head of partnerships, DS, discovered this Madewell Rio Cover Up after my trip and I’ve decided to plan another beach getaway just so that I can buy this cover up (we need a place to show off the new clothes right?!)
5. Boho Cover Up – Fringe and lace are all you need for this Becca cover up from Nordstrom.
6. Beach Shirt – what is it about oversized button down t-shirts that we just can’t get enough of?!
7. Beach Chic Dream Cover Up – Instead of picking a 7th cover up, we are going to let you shop for yourself here at Barney’s for a high end chic cover up either for inspiration or to buy. Let your imagination and beach cover up dreams run wild with the selection there. While you are dreaming, I will instead show you all the places you could go in your fabulous new cover ups…enjoy my little slice of paradise in the Dominican Republic from this past week! xo