All photos in this post courtesy of Charlotte Mann
1. Love the bold multi layered wall murals London based artist Charlotte Mann draws with black markers on white walls.
2. I like that Charlotte Mann personalizes and adapts each of her large scale works to her client’s surroundings/needs – the art perfectly compliments the interior design and decor.
3. I also like that Charlotte Mann’s work can capture the mundane of life in such a brilliant way…making a normal vignette from every day life seem like a scene from a fantasy world.
4. Love the historical references Charlotte Mann makes in her work by alluding to iconic art from all eras – from classic Greek to surrealist sculpture ((for example, in this work, she makes direct reference to French artist and surrealist Marcel Duchamp’s famous works including Fountain (1917) and his Bicycle Wheel (1913) in a mural for a client) (above and below))
5. Am intrigued by Charlotte Mann’s eye for detail and pattern. Also, love the whimsical yet very modern edged drawings of figures and faces.
6. Love that each time you look at a Charlotte Mann mural you can notice something new and surprising in the detailed drawings.
Hope you enjoy as much as I do!