Happy Friday! It’s DS Guest Posting today. Recently I’ve been traveling quite a bit and exploring both Los Angeles and San Francisco and becoming quite fascinated by Exteriors. Whether you own a home or are renting an apartment, your front door says more than you think! It’s the first impression people have of the aesthetic design of your home and it should reflect you. The Seven this week showcases some inspiration for your front door spring decor!
1. Wreaths – we love a good wreath! Classy and understated elegance. Magnolia Market carries one of the best, their Signature Magnolia Wreath, $95. (PS. I am slightly obsessed with Fixer Upper and making plans to visit the Magnolia Market store in Texas – would love some recommendations for the trip to Dallas!)
2. Porch Swings – if you have a patio, a porch swing is a Must Have! This Clyde Hanging Chair, $659 is a great find! Hang a pair of these chairs on the porch and add a couple accent pillows to complete the look! PS. I recently visited the Parker Hotel in Palm Springs and they have a pair of swings indoors with cozy blankets next to their fire pit…Amazing!! PPS. COCO inspired this decor style tip from her vacation post, was anyone else a little jealous of her fabulous getaway, or was that just me? 😉
3. Bistro Set – setting up a little table and chairs out front is so inviting! Add some fresh flowers and it becomes not only a space that you can entertain, but in a small living spaces it can be the perfect outdoor nook. Any one of these would be great from One Kings Lane, pricing ranges from $400 – $500 for a set. If you’re looking for something inexpensive, Ikea has this set for only $59.99!
4. Add Some Color – Brighten up your front door with a change of color! It’s amazing what a coat of fresh paint can do for the overall feel of your home!
5. and 6. Lantern and potted plants. How cute is this lantern above the front door?! I love this idea of adding light above the front door instead of the traditional porch light next to the door. Potted ferns and plants at the front door, basically any greenery or plants you can maintain are the perfect breath of life to the front door space (I was not blessed with a greenthumb, but I LOVE flowers, so personally for this tip I would have to enlist the help of some friends!)
7. Personalized Door Mats. This last one is simple but such a good accessory and personalized too! I found this one from One Kings Lane is only $24!
Hope this helps bring something fresh to your front door this spring!